Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Life in Thread


Welcome to my blog...I'll be nattering away about this and that...mostly what I'm working on and what inspires me...
This is my friend chester...he's been with me for over 8 years now and is the best fella ever...
he's had lots of health problems and a bit of surgery so I'm more than a little devoted to keeping him happy...in fact, the hooked rug he's on is his portrait...it hung on the wall for quite a while but since he loves sleeping on wool I switch out a rug or two on the floor every few months so he can enjoy them all...
I've been working with my hands for as long as I can remember, making doll clothes, quilts...applique and patchwork...all hand piecing...samplers, folk dolls, penny rugs, hooked rugs and punch needle...
I seem to have been born with an eye for color and each item I create is a treat to watch unfold as each stitch or loop is added to the last...

No comments: