Friday, April 20, 2007

My Favorite Wool Source


Folks are always asking me where I find my wool...The Wool Studio is one of my very favorite sources...Rebecca has a wonderful selection of textured woolens for easy as-is hooking...you can overdye her wools but they are perfect to just wash, dry and get hooking...they run about $17 per yard and that is a very good price ! She does offer a great discount if you purchase bolts...

You need to send $5 to the above address and you will receive a set of washed swatches (a nice size rectangle of each new wool...they have been washed and dried so you can see exactly what they'll look like when ready to use)...if you place an order from that set you will be put on her regular mailer sent out every 3 months...

I could buy a bolt of each every time the mailer arrives...am always stressed to see that envelope now that I'm this WOOL DIET...

There many other places to purchase wool...thrift shops...I like skirts best...more wool and less work...jackets are usually more effort than they are worth...When choosing clothing to recycle go for the 100% wool and medium weight...

If you do a search of PRHG on eBay there are many choices for gorgeous wool...be sure to check out their stores...

I have a huge stash of wool collected over the years...that's why the diet...have bought many bolts of light wool for overdyeing... besides The Wool Studio I like Dorr Woolens for that...oatmeal gives such a nice base for the old looking colors...

No comments: