Sunday, February 17, 2008

Antique Quilts

Small Joys
a Civil War Legacies pattern by



















~Old Quilts~

simple designs


some images found around the net...

I've been trying to find a quilt Mom might like to stitch...

I'll get the pieces cut out

and pin each unstitched block to a piece of paper...

I hope once she has her surgery done and is recovering

she'll feel like stitching them up...

My sister Deb and I did this for her once before

after a different surgery...
I'll be using the Small Joys pattern
in about the same colors...







3 comments:

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

There are so many ways we can express our love for others. Finding a creative pattern for your mom's artistic spirit will surely help in her recuperation! Jo

antique quilter said...

thank you for sharing these pictures, I especially love the last quilt, do you have any information about it?
thanks for the inspiration!
kathie

Kimmie said...

These quilts are beautiful. I think what you are doing for your mom's recovery is a very loving gesture. After all, we only have one Mom, and she will certainly love her gift you are preparing for her to work on. Cherish her and lavish all the love you can on her Kelley. I only have memories now, but oh how I wish I would have done something beautiful like making her a quilt when she was still here with me. She would have loved that.

Warm Hugs...I will keep your Mom n my thoughts and prayers. I am sure she will come through her surgery with flying colors!

Hugs,
Kimmie in OP