Tuesday, August 4, 2009

10 Minute Hooker and New Quilt

A little sneak peek

of the quilt top Mom
just finished for me
~entirely hand pieced
and hand appliqued~

This is the second time

she's made this quilt
the other belongs to
my sister Judy
and I've always wanted one~

I'm going to hand quilt it
with a wool batting

the back will have some
piecing and applique too

am on vacation next week
so can get it basted
and ready to go
then...
I want to use it this winter

It's an old Red Wagon pattern
from the Snowbound book
*****

This is the first UFO rug

I'll be tackling
ten minutes at a time...
Pay no attention to the

big turkey drawn in the middle

this is really
a cat rug~


It's about time I


picked up the hook again...

hoping this will help
http://www.redjackrugs.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It takes me 10 minutes to pull all my stuff out, lol.

Debbie

WoolenSails said...

I love the quilt your mom made and the way she did the borders around the appliques. I thought I was bad about redrawing, lol.

Debbie

woolyredrug said...

Glad to see you've picked up your hook!

Wonderful quilt...is is flannel?
You and the kitty's will be very snuggly this winter!
~Laurie

JoJo said...

Wow, Kelley! I love, love, love this quilt. It's beautiful and your mom did a good job. As for your rug, I can't see enough of the pattern to tell what it is. But I'm glad to hear that you're going to pick up your hooking again.

Tammy Burks said...

Can't wait to watch your rug progress! I've missed your hooking.

Doris said...

I love the quilt. I have that pattern but it is so nice to see it made up. Beautiful!!

Jacque. said...

ohmygosh...I didn't see this til now. How awesome! All handpieced, too??? And you're going to hand quilt? WOW...I am impressed!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Oh, I've always loved that quilt pattern too! Your mom does such wonderful work. What a treasure to have from her hands.

And I've missed your hooking also!

Lori R

Little Penpen said...

Love love love your mom's quilt! What a treasure! I have always wanted to learn to hook rugs... can't wait to see it.