Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thank You

one of my favorite

photos
from 1999

my hooking/stitching chair
was across the room from him
this is how
he would get my attention
to get up and play

it always worked

Thank you to everyone
who commented
emailed
and sent cards

your kind
thoughts and prayers
are most appreciated

Every day brings more smiles
than tears
with the good memories
of my life with Chester

Olivia is having a rough time
she is looking for him
everywhere
spending much more time
at my side

her new nickname
is
Lonely Girl

as she lets me know
whenever I come home
whether I'm gone
15 minutes
or 9 hours...

in time
we will have a
new friend
~

8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a sweet picture of Chester.
Black was like that when we had to put our old guy down. He was lost for awhile, so I got all his attention.

Debbie

Jacque. said...

Hey Kelley Girl. Cool photo of Chester. He was quite the character, wasn't he.

Still praying for a healing heart for you.

moosecraft said...

Oh Goodness! That picture is crackin' me up! What a cute attempt for attention! :-) Good to hear that each day is bringing you more and more healing... hugs to you and belly rubs to Olivia...

Deirdre said...

Once again he brings a smile to my face, what a character!

Ter'e said...

The moment I opened your blog, this evening, I started to cry for you and Olivia. Chester was a beloved boy.................

He was a "one-in-a-million-cat".

JoJo said...

What a wonderful picture of Chester. He was such a beautiful and unique cat and will live in your heart forever. As each day becomes a little less painful, Olivia and you must still feel a bit lost. How are YOU coping, Kelley?

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Chester - I haven't been out to Delphi or blogs lately and missed this one. Big hugs to you!!!

Sheila said...

Kelley I just saw your sad news my thoughts are with you.