Monday, October 4, 2010

Blocks 1 & 2

Another lucky me!

Mom is making me
12 applique
blocks for a quilt

Using a variety of
Lori Smith patterns

block 2


block 1


She's using fabric from
her stash
&
plenty of the new
Summer's End
fabric
from Moda


I promise to read
the instruction book soon
for my camera
...
the colors are
much better in person




Melrose sure likes
to help with
taking photos of rugs
~~~
at least one more
orange pumpkin
a green pumpkin
plus a cat
left to hook
~~~
still working
from the scrap baskets
until
I get to the background

6 comments:

Joanne said...

I didn't realize Melrose was so "fluffy" - i thought his fur was shorter - he's so handsome - Is he a great cuddler?

Isn't it something how they think they have to hold down our items while we take pictures!

Your quilt from your Mom will be wonderful!

WoolenSails said...

Love the blocks your mom made, she does such beautiful work. I am tempted to hook next, but something really small, lol.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Love the quilt blocks and the rug and that fuzzy Melrose!!! Looks like you are really enjoying hooking again... and this is a wonderful thing! :-) Wuvs those punkin's!!!

appleberrycottage said...

Wonderful applique blocks! I just started experimenting with camera settings. Try aperture priority w/macro. I just found it did a great job at capturing the correct coloring.
Laura

Jacque. said...

Hey Kelley girl! Love the applique blocks by your Mom. Lucky you, is right! Melrose looks very handsome. Loving that you're hookin' again.

Ter'e said...

Oh my gosh..............Melrose is just beautiful. Now, where's that Olivia????