Saturday, January 17, 2015

Git Fit Contest

 
Week 1 of our "Git Fit" contest at work is done
I lost 5 pounds!!!
 
no Weight Watchers for me
nothing more than eating less processed foods
a lot of apples and clementines
using up food I already have
in much smaller portions than usual
 
 
 
 
 
our break room at work was a danger zone this week
party for the Ohio State Buckeyes one day...snacks galore
another day brought a box of boxes
full of chocolate covered macadamia nuts
from a former coworker now living in Hawaii
yesterday a retirement party
complete with cake, homemade cookies and peanut butter fudge
 
so what did I do?
 
ate my meals
then had a small bit of whatever I wanted
deprivation would only lead to
Taco Bell on the way home from work
 
 
 
 
enough said
 
 
I had one slice of pizza this week
GO ME!!!

 
 
don't worry...I won't bore you with weekly updates
am just happy this week felt like it's totally doable
not being on a diet
just making better choices
 
 
I am one of the unlucky folks who cannot eat most veggies
try as I might they engage a gag reflex
that's out of my control
this week I learned that I can add a serving of low sodium V8
to my tomato soup and not even notice it
 
over the past 6 weeks I've lots 15 pounds
I feel much better
sleep better...more energy
 
my number one secret weapon?
malted milk balls
I keep a box of them in Mom's candy drawer
eating just a few a day quenches my chocolate cravings
 
enough of that
maybe you won't have to hear about this again
until our final weigh in May 1st...
 
 
 


12 comments:

Dorothy said...

Can you eat them raw? so much nicer when they're not mush. Keep going, it's working.

Kim said...

Congrats!! Seems like you have the right attitude so you'll do fine.

Jacque. said...

Way to go, Kelley Girl! Proud of you! Keep up the good work. Yes, choices make all of the difference. And, yes...it's tough at work when everyone brings stuff to share. And, I am very interested in hearing about your progress on a regular basis...the ups and the downs; the good, the bad, and the ugly. xo

marly said...

Good for you. I'm envious! I have no control whatsoever and am getting heavier every month. But you've inspired me to grow up!

WoolenSails said...

That is great and a great motivator to keep going.
I love veggies and allergic to everything that is fattening, so that is my secret;) I do love to eat though and tend to overeat at dinner time.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats to you! Keep up the good work.

acorn hollow said...

oh my you are doing so great!!!! keep up the good work I so need to get with it.
Cathy

annie said...

congrats so proud of you!
I Need to do this!
I love hearing how you're doing!
Whoot! :-O

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work and please keep us updated rt his is great and also encouragement for a lot of us!!!
So good to see your mom is doing well.. Love the weaved mats.....
Have a great day!

Rhonda

moosecraft said...

You go girl!!! Weekly updates might help the rest of us get on the right track too! Absolutely LOVE that WW cat pic! :-) Congrats on your success!

Saundra said...

Good for you! Great weight loss. I'd be lost if I couldn't eat veggies as they are the major part of my meals ~ green salads and homemade soups. Also eat salmon and once in a while I'll cook chicken breasts.

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Keep up the GOOD work Kelley! You have got to feel GREAT about your accomplishments. :)