Saturday, March 28, 2015

Inside or Outside


My free time is limited to about 2 hours per day
during that time
I must
shower and dress
clean the litter box
do the laundry, the dishes
cook and pack my lunch
take care of paperwork
vacuum
you get the picture
 
in the remaining minutes
I must decide between indoor or outdoor
cleaning and beautifying...
 
today it's a no brainer
there's fresh snow out there
so it's dusting and packing items for donation
when it warms up
the fresh air will be calling me
 
this is my weekend off
so there is a little more free time
most of it will be spent with Mom
we've been prepping more strips for weaving
these are narrow and light
for spring and summer small mats
 
she's been back in the physical therapy
to regain the skills she loses every few months
doing great...other than the anxiety
it goes best if I am with her
 
today is bingo day
win or lose we enjoy it
tomorrow is the 5th Sunday of the month
so a local youth choir
adds joy to the church service
 
 

 
sometimes I am very weary
of how narrow my life has become
sometimes it feels like a duty
to visit Mom daily
 
but when I get there
and she is so happy to see me
that feeling evaporates...
with her is where I belong
 


7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I hope you make more time for yourself, we all need that each day, if only to sit and not think for awhile;)
We have snow too, so looks like a stay at home day.

Debbie

Angela Tucker said...

I am where you are...choosing between a loved one's happiness and my health. I learned the hard way that if my health suffers, I cannot be the caretaker that I need to be. I am determined to give myself permission to care for me, if only for one hour a day. Please take that time for you. Being a caregiver wears on your soul....

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Bless you!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Mom is so lucky to have you!!!
Please take care of yourself, too.
Hugs :)
Lauren

annie said...

You're a good girl to your Mom! So many would be blessed to have a daughter like you! Hugs!

Kim said...

Yes, there are days you feel like that. As caregivers, that's just the way it is sometimes. But trust me, you will have no regrets spending this time with your Mom.
Soon the snow will be gone (hopefully, Spring fever will hit you and you will feel more energized

Caro said...

Bless your heart! You're a good daughter.