Thursday, February 9, 2017

Fiddle Quilts



more inspiration from Pinterest
I've been working on
parts and pieces for the fiddle mats
 time to get them together


simple cuffs are on the list too


I love finding images from all over the world
this one gave me some great ideas...


 I love pockets


I love the ones jam packed with fiddly bits... 


I have purchased more "bright"
in the past month


oooh...I see the need to buy some buckles


little bags with beads inside are favorite of mine


working on a tall flower now

*****

Thrifty Mom in Boise
has inspired me to set some goals for the month
I'm starting small 

      1. complete 2 fiddle quilts/pillows
      2. send a card to Bea (Moms BFF since grade school)
      3. make one item for Christmas...decor or gift
      4. get Moms taxes done
      5. clean out 2 kitchen junk drawers

 doesn't seem like much
but with my lack of free time
it's  going to take some effort
especially those taxes!

*****

I need to get back on the frugal track too...
funding my IRA to it's fullest every year requires $6500
I'm still a little short for 2016
have until April 15th to get is saved

this year I'm aiming on 
having it funded by December 31
 then there's my student loan
 if I pay extra every month it'll be gone in 2 years...

goodbye thoughtless spending 
hello cash allowance in my wallet

 

7 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great goals. I don't know why but I always wait until the last week to do my taxes and every year I vow to do better.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

I am anxiously awaiting to see what you come up with for your fidget quilt. You've found lots of amazing inspiration. Ugh, taxes. I am so far in debt at the moment its not even funny.

Jacqueline said...

Seems like a big goal list to me. All worth while. Good luck.

The Eveningstitcher said...

OOHHH....I've been trying to be frugal too...no more wool, no more patterns, no more whatever it is I think I need......I've got plenty to keep me busy for two lifetimes!! I love the goals of Thrifty Mom......I think we all need to set goals one time or another..and this is definitely the time for me!!

WoolenSails said...

Those look so fun and it will be fun giving them to others, such a great idea.

Debbie

hookinct said...

I cleaned a huge junk drawer this week. Just down to what to do with the things you don't really need but don't want to throw in the trash. Always a problem when I 'clean'

annie said...

Such cute inspiration!
Hope you get the fund filled.
I need to save more, and stop blowing what little I have.
Nagging myself here!
Hugs to you and your Mom!