Sunday, February 5, 2017

In That Funk Still


off to a slow start
because I couldn't find my Miller pencil hooks
until this morning

colors appear brighter than in real life
going to try marbling some fabric for the background
once I find my directions on how to

will do most of the rug from my worm baskets
just not the background
I have WAY to much wool to buy more
so will have to dye something

been studying Karen Kahle's rug for background ideas...


my sister sent me this pic of me
from about 1965-6
most likely from kindergarten
no mole on my face, just a spot on the pic

I was pretty cute if I do say so myelf

 this is my NC brother in law Frank
I need him to organize my sewing and hooking stuff
like his workshop

*****

Thanks for my birthday wishes
let's just say it wasn't the worst birthday ever
there was cake
I think I'll stop celebrating them from now on

my quote for 2017


"'I slept, and dreamed that life was beauty;
I woke, and found that life was duty.
Was thy dream then a shadowy lie?
Toil on, sad heart, courageously..."

-Louisa May Alcott

8 comments:

Cathy G. said...

I love the blue bird so far... great colors and I'm sure what you dye will be awesome too! Your BIL sure has one organized workshop! Pretty inspiring! I'll never be that organized in my lifetime!
Well miss cutie patootie!! It's so nice to see a photo of you even one from years ago! Was hoping we could see your new haircut and color!
Big hugs and belated Happy Birthday Wishes Kelley!!
Cathy G

marly said...

I don't know a thing about hooking but like to see it. That blue is beautiful. But that workshop of your BIL. Wow. THAT'S a workshop!

Saundra said...

Cathy said my words first.... I LOVE that bluebird and would like you to find peace within and with friends, hooking, music, etc.

Hope you took time to get your hair cut as you'd planned. If you didn't, then treat yourself.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such a cute picture!!!
I think your rug is off to a great start.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

I don't know what is cuter - the hooked bird or the flashback pic 😃 And you can't go wrong with a day that includes cake!

WoolenSails said...

I love the colors in your new rug, maybe some tan plaids or textures, then over dye and you will have a marbled look? Love your photo, you were a cutie, my old photos I look like a waif, lol.

Debbie

Deirdre said...

Very cute picture! We just finished watching "The Dressmaker" because you posted it the other day.

basketnut said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your hooking progress & what your background turns out to be, I'm sure it'll be awesome as ever!
Tammy