Sunday, April 30, 2017

"Some Day" Hooking


fell in love with this rug found on Pinterest


this one too


then I saw this one


which led to other nautical folk art


like this beauty

any would make a fine rug
now on my to do list
or better yet
a little from each one...

I am slowly hooking on my Magdelina style rug
gathering items for the church rummage sale
is still taking up most of my free time
drop off day is tomorrow

for the first load
Tuesday for the next
then I can move on from decluttering for a while

except for the weeds
which are growing like crazy
everywhere I look!

*****

so many of our friends need our prayers right now
I am praying for strength of spirit,
healing and peace in our journey

8 comments:

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning, Kelley. Love your "header" cat. My kitty, Moto, has the same bowling pin shape. LOL I love the primitive prints. I have several folk art pictures in my bedroom. So soothing.

I started decluttering a few weeks ago. I've barely made a dent! But I will win this battle. Really. LOL

cucki said...

Aww love all your beautiful paintings
Sending you love and hugs x

annie said...

Bless you Kelley!

Love the rugs, and the prints!
So very appealing!

Saundra said...

Love your antique rug show and are ones I don't think are in my flash drive. My nautical desire to hook is the antique whale with the boaters, which I believe is most known as the Moby Dick original antique.

WoolenSails said...

I do love nautical pieces and would be nice to have made one for the beach room, but the one I found was cheap and nice, and already made, lol. I may do some small pieces to sell, thinking it might be an easy thing to work on while I watch Nick.

Debbie

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

these are tugging at my coastal-loving heartstrings & Yankee upbringing!
...and praying right along with you ~
L

elaine allerton said...

Thanks for all the lovely pics ,,, great inspiration,,,, thanks kelley,,,, enjoy ur posts,,,
Prayers, too,,,,

Unknown said...

Great ideas for a nautical piece. Thanks.