Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Dye Pots Are Out

http://altoonsultan.blogspot.com/2009/08/dyeing-day.html

I found the above photo on Pinterest
then followed the link to the blog
very good reading...

My dye pots are full
at the moment there are three pots of green
simmering away
it's a work day so only those today

I'm getting ready to open my etsy store again
FB buyers made me dizzy over the weekend
think it will be easier to just sell out right 

we'll see

I'm very happy with all the sales I made this year
a good dent has been made in the sewing room,
the wool room and a debt or two

I'll let you know when the shop is open
I'm going to do wool ...over dyed for now,
cotton bundles...so much awesome Moda and such from the past
finished hooked rugs and other decor
whatever I can live without

it's a dreary day in Ohio
good for dyeing
not so bad for going to work

5 comments:

Saundra said...

Sounds like you're head is in a very good place and am happy to read those vibes on your blog. Yes, please do let us know when the etsy shop is open...uh, not that I need to buy another damn piece of wool or anything else. But when you've got this addiction it's terrible.

acorn hollow said...

I am always so uptight when I dye like it is a major science experiment and it could go bad at any moment.
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

I need to dye some wool and maybe organizing what I have, will help, lol.

Debbie

Angela Tucker said...

I don't dye much these days. I did a few pieces of linen. They turned out okay, but I think I need to leave this particular skill to the professionals. LOL

I always feel better when I get my craft area tidied up. Though I did get carried away last time...still looking for my screwdriver set that I use to take apart wooden boxes for painting. It's been a month. I'm still hopeful that I will find it. LOL

Rugs and Pugs said...

Good luck with your etsy shop. I look forward to browsing but shoot me if I buy anything. I should be purging like you are!