Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Little Quilts



in the spirit of
"I'll do anything to avoid painting"
Olivia and I spent the past week or so basting little quilts
for hand quilting


these were 2 leftover blocks from a lap quilt
which has not been quilted yet...
I got crazy and machine stitched on the borders




this one was all ready
except the borders
they will be less than 1/2" when the binding goes on



this one had the borders hand stitched on
I wasn't trusting myself with the bias edge
and all those points



I hand pieced most of the blocks last year
lost interest in them until now...


Debbie St Germain stitched this little
Cheri sampler as a gift for me
and sent it as a little pillow
I thought it deserved to have some wall space
so added the patchwork borders
from some abandoned projects


can hardly believe how many red, white and blue
projects were in the works
they might be finished by this time next year

I've been working on gathering some wool to sell
the past few days
going through my stash 
has inspired me to do some more dyeing

Still no desire to hook
I'd rather paint and you know how I feel about that
ebb and flow of creativity
there is always something to keep me busy


Happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

WOW! I absolutely adore all your little quilts!

WoolenSails said...

Love all your little quilts and how you redid the stitchery, looks wonderful as a little quilt.

Debbie

Saundra said...

Ditto what Lauren said. I'd be in that ebb if it came to painting too but always in the mood to hook.

NMK said...

Love all your little quilts too , so pretty !!!

Krissy B. said...

I too hate painting. I'm slow and my mind wanders so my brush gets icky and then I get icky. Mark doesn't mind it and is good at it so he does the painting around here. I want to make something patriotic and have been gathering fabrics. These photos are inspiring. Always fun to see what you are working on and of course your little helpers are wonderful. Hope your summer is off to a great start.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Kelley,
LOVE all your sweet little quilts!! The colors are just beautiful together!!
So inspiring and makes me want to hunt through all my scraps and make one!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Simply Quaint said...

I love them....they are so prim.....makes me want to get out my scraps
❤️

handfulsofwool said...

I myself, LOVE to paint. The best part is cutting in.......someone else could roll! Your help is adorable as are the quilts. I'm in the midst of quilting a twin size and it's just too hot in the summer to have that laying on my lap. Maybe this winter?
I'm in the middle of weaving a Navajo rug and haven't touched that in a week. Too much to do outside if the rain would give us a break!
Haven't been in the mood to hook lately. AGAIN....maybe this fall or winter.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your littles are just precious....hard-pressed to say which is my favorite. I finally found my hooking mojo, and now it seems that we’ve been blessed with a bit of summer, so the dirt is calling. Painting and I are NOT on friendly terms. ~Robin~

Thrifty Mom In Boise said...

I love your quilts. So pretty! You are very talented my dear.