Monday, August 12, 2019

Antique Reproduction Hook-a-Long


I found an antique rug photo on Pinterest
turned it into a gray scale image


simplified version for hooking

I started this Saturday on Facebook
you are most welcome to hook along with me

I drew my rug with cats in the lower corners


another antique rug from Pinterest
might be some inspiration for the background

I've started my hooking using pre cut strips from the baskets
will also be cutting as I go for desired colors


Day 1


Day 3

the blue flower pot
was inspired by my salt glaze pottery collection
subject to change as hooking progresses


Olivia the other day
complaining that Melrose was looking at her


trying to look innocent


Picked up my laptop from the shop today...
even with a smart phone and a Kindle I sort of felt lost...


8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

love it!!! wonderful color.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

I hope to hook along, but even though retired, finding the time is challenging. You are off to a great start!

Sandi said...

love the colors you're using....as usual!

WoolenSails said...

Your rug is coming out beautifully, love the colors you are using.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

That is going to be one beautiful rug!
The pic of Olivia is priceless! lol!

Saundra said...

Oh dang, I've already started my new project. Otherwise I'd jump on the bandwagon. But that antique is in my collection of oldies but goodies so may end up doing it one day anyway.

Looking good and love your colors.

Prims By The Water said...

I have always admired that antique rug. Yours is looking good. Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Kelley,
Just love that sweet rug and would love to hook it sometime, too! Always love your color choices!! The kitties just crack me up!! Thanks for the smile today, and especially love that header.....so sweet!!
Take care and have a great week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo