Sunday, November 15, 2020

Wool Dyeing

the oxygen tubing is long around here

so I can slowly dye wool

the colors are close to true

just a little darker in person

most recipes from

Beautiful Wool by Laurice Heath

turns out it's available at the 

I Love Rug Hooking Website



 some of these were overdyed again the next day
the top three are now a darker
primitive green

*****

I'll be off work until at least December 1st
my breathing has improved
still attached to the oxygen though

With my job 
I am required to return with no limitations
I need to be mobile
to walk from one end of the hospital to the other at times
(it's not that big of a hospital but when you can't breathe
especially while wearing an N95 mask...)

I need to push heavy equipment, to move patients
and stand in surgery for hours

This is one of the reasons I push myself
a little
everyday

I feel much better than I did 2 weeks ago
if all goes well in 2 more weeks I can return

Thank goodness for curbside pick up at the grocery store

Wishing you a beautiful day!

9 comments:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Oh your colours are sumptuous! I hope you continue on the healing road daily.

Saundra said...

I love the Beautiful Wool dye book and have used it quite a lot. Seeing your wool makes me want to pull out my dye pots.

Glad you are recovering well and spirits up.

carolyn said...

Your wools are beautiful. Take care of yourself.

moosecraft said...

Gorgeous wool! Feel better soon! :-)

acorn hollow said...

wow those colors are just wonderful!!!
I will go and find that book.
I am so sorry you are not feeling well I do hope you continue to improve.
Cathy

Jacqueline said...

The wools are beautiful. Prayers for you and continued healing

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yummy, yummy, YUMMY! Please, please, don't tempt me into attempting to dye LOL. Glad to hear you're on a path to recovery. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Prayers for feeling better every day.
WONDERFUL wools :)

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Glad you are better but take it easy- lungs are not to be messed with right now as you well know- Your wools are lovely.