Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Swap Rug


Village Pear Tree
pattern from Woolen Memories
approx 24 x 32

Rhonda received her rug this morning 
 can finally share a photo
(provided by her since I forgot to take one of the finished rug)

I had a lot of fun hooking this
using a lot of strips from my stash
cutting mostly background and blue for the house

  I did have to change up the pears
from my original hooking
they looked...wrong


the only change I made was the pumkpin
added that instead of the fence...

this pattern was initially chosen for Mom
so it may have sat in my stash forever
until this swap came along

so glad I hooked it!
I know Mom would approve
plus it got me back to enjoying hooking again
always a good thing

 

9 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Kelley,
This rug is so wonderful and I love your colors!! So happy to hear you are finding joy in hooking again!! I think of you often and know you mom is smiling!!
Have a great week, my friend! Say "Hi" to all the kitties!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

NMK said...

Just Love everything about this rug !!!!

Saundra said...

Wow, such a lucky gal to get a rug hooked by you. Love your colors and the switch from fence to pumpkin! Your worms look much nicer than mine, but then I tend to dirty mine up with Olde Patina dye or walnuts.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Beautiful rug. Have you received yours yet from the swap? Or maybe I missed it.

Simply Quaint said...

Kelley I’m so privileged to receive such a beautiful piece, especially that it was a sentimental piece.....so so happy it got you Hooking again......I just love it......

Jacque. said...

Wow! Awesome rug, Kelley Girl! xo

Lynny Penny said...

What a beautiful rug! Love all the colors. Your friend is so lucky to get it.

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful rug, love the colors you used and I am sure that Rhonda loved it.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a great swap. The rug is absolutely wonderful!