Friday, March 23, 2007



Another quilt by Mom...she made this one in 2002...she was recovering from a fractured patella and complication following a hospital stay...she was having such a hard time with not the huge cast...so one of my sisters and I cut out the blocks for her and pinned them to paper...she was able to just pick them up and stitch! no trying to get to the table and handle large pieces of cloth and templates and such...

lucky me...after asking her many time if she was tired of it she gave it to me this year...we are very much alike in that we love making things more than we like having them... that's why if she asks for a rug it's hers...

I have a top of this same quilt I made and haven't had quilted yet...as soon as the skies quit with the snow and rain I'll hang it on the clothesline and get some pics...

the block is from Jan Patek and called Winter Solstice...

No comments: