Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Family Traditon

















If you know me you know how fortunate I feel to come from a family of gals who love to work with their hands...


this is a quilt finished last year by my mother for one of my sisters...she used designs from Jan Patek and Lori Smith...all hand appliqued (needle turned) and hand pieced...machine quilted...the fabrics are brushed cotton and homespun...


the other photo is of the label on the back of my quilt...a photo of my parents in early 1948 before they were married...they met at a New Year's Eve party and were married in June of '48...













1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Hi Kelley!

I found you via the stashbusters yahoo group -- just taking a browse through your archives. I'm enjoying all your prim projects. I've done a little hooking myaelf -- you're inspiring me to get the frame out again :)

Take a look at my current blog entry -- my own version of Folk Art Pleasures, kinda like your own version shown here in your March 22 entry.

Jeanne