Sunday, July 15, 2007

Those Old Blue Fabrics

Finally decided to use this pattern for making a quilt from those old indigo and cadet blue fabrics, the Patchwork Garden pattern wasn't turning out the way I wanted in those colors...it's a version of the Gazing Ball pattern my sister Deb has made quilts from...can't decide whether to do the stars or backgrounds in blue...am leaning towards the backgrounds...
While checking out quilting blogs I ran across this site: http://www.liberty-star.com/ ( be sure to check out her block and her pictures too)...have always enjoyed her patterns and have more than a few in my collection...the Give Me Liberty quilt is one I don't have but seeing it made me root through my collection to find the This Star Will Guide Me pattern...very similar...

this pattern I do have and have wanted to make for ages...pink and brown and birds...a perfect combination...

2 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hi Kelle!
I love this blog! And the pincushion you received was excellent.
Blondie

Libby said...

Thanks so much for the site tip - I can see a lot of shopping in my future . . . starting with Give Me Liberty - I really need that 'Libby' pin *s*