Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tv Viewing

 
 
 
boy have my TV viewing habits changed!
 
in the morning Dad and his room mate
have Andy Griffith or I Love Lucy on...
 
when they are on I switch to
American Pickers or Pawn Stars
 
no more Dexter or Hannibal before work
no Walking Dead or even NCIS
 
it's not like I have much time to sit and watch
mostly I'm in the room to keep Mom company
with
Wheel of Fortune
(I hate that show)
Jeopardy
or
more TV Land Shows
 
the things we do for love...
 
Yesterday Mom was making
a pineapple upside down cake
when I left for work
no sign of it when I got home...
who knows what happened
I didn't ask
 
she's always loved to bake
my weekend off is coming up
so may we can do something together
 
Hope your having a great week
mine's been full of medical visits for dad
and other fun things...
 
not a stitch taken
nor looped pulled in what feels like forever
every day
(except today with 2 appointments and work)
I think this will be the day...
 
 
 


6 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, sometimes life gets in the way of living! I hope you have a better day ahead.

WoolenSails said...

I control the tv, lol.
The lady I watched, loved the news and we watched it all day and since she had short term memory we would act like each story was new, even though we just saw it earlier;)

Debbie

Dirty Martini Queen said...

I love the tv comments. My momma and daddy love crime solving as much as I do so it's always tuned to Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI whatever, Law and Order, ect....Hubby says we could kill him and never leave a clue since we have all these tips stored away from the shows. LOL!
Enjoy some much needed time off and do something for yourself

Rugs and Pugs said...

I hope your Fourth brings a few minutes of "Kelley time". You need to recharge your batteries.
God Bless America!
Hugs :)
Lauren

John Going Gently said...

Happy 4th
Take care of yourself xx

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Wow, you are dealing so well with all of this.

My mom used to make pineapple upside down cake in a cast iron skillet. Haven't thought of it in years! Wisest not to ask where it disappeared to. :)

These days, in retrospect will have seemed to pass so quickly. Make sure to eat right to keep up your strength. On an encouraging note, eventually you'll be able to catch up on the TV you're missing now, via Netflix, or some other venue.