Saturday, February 15, 2014

Random Thoughts

 
one of my coworkers
surprised her boyfriend with 2 kittens
for Valentine's Day
 
she's not sure she'll like pets in the house
(crazy girl)
but he was over the moon happy
 
she found the two little sisters
at the local animal shelter
 
*
 
we had a student with us last night
her boyfriend brought her a
box of chocolate covered strawberries
along with a special dinner
 
wonderful girl that she is she shared
it was the biggest and best strawberry
ever
 
*
 
changing my diet to get healthier
I passed up all the doughnuts
in our break room
the boxes of candy in ER
the white chocolate macadamia cookies too!
 
for my wonderful celery sticks with peanut butter
 
*
I am not a fan of vegetables
that's no secret
so one a day is my current goal
 
don't know if I'll ever get to two a day
some days salsa is all I can manage
 
makes eating healthy a real challenge
 
*
 
two days off
lots of paperwork to catch up on
will hang out with Mom all afternoon
maybe get some stitching in
maybe just do puzzles, play bingo and socialize
with anyone we can find
 
there are ladies from the Assisted Living side
of the facility
who ask her to move in
if only that were an option...
 
no matter what
we make the best of each day
 


3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Good for you, I have no self control, but food like that makes me sick and crazy, so easy not to eat, lol. I love celery sticks with fillings, can't have that either, but i do love veggies. My new thing is pears, eating one a day, so helps keep the digestion moving.

We seem to be affected by the storms, slow browsing and i can't get my mail. The snow is coming down now, but we got out this morning, so some good movies, good food and I can relax and doodle or sew since I got everything done yesterday.

Debbie

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!! You have great willpower.....love that they saved to kitty's, sweet....Blessings Francine.

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Loved hearing about the various types of valentine gifts. My fav was of course, the two sister kats. If you are returning to good food, it can be a bit of a tussle, but your body will respond with strength and energy! Hugs!