Saturday, May 3, 2014

Birds and Quilts


Thursday afternoon
I took some shots of the finches
at the feeders...
so far we've seen 5 up there at once
I never realized they chirped so much


 
Yesterday I rearranged the feeders
bought a new one too
 
The big one is really too heavy
for the Shepard's Hook
hoping my sister and her husband
can get them all up
when they are here later this month
 
So far Mom says she is not happy with the room
thought it would be bigger...
it's actually a bit smaller
 
but the first day she was entranced
by the view
even before the bird feeders were moved
in the long run this will be
so much better
 
Her therapy is not going so well
no real improvement in
standing or walking for a while
 
We just get through one minute at a time
 
 
 
This book arrived the other day
Mom and I both love the scrappy quilts
patchwork with applique
is a family favorite
 
this book gives her much pleasure
planning the quilts to make
the cover quilt is her favorite
 
 
 
this one is mine!
I saved the magazine it was first shown in
Mom says she'll do the applique
if I do the piecing
we both have fun talking quilts

11 comments:

HomeSpunPrims said...

The view looks to be so much better for your mom. I hope in time she will focus more on that than the size of the room. Yes, one day at a time is all we can do. Love the quilts! How fun you two can dream and talk about quilt making. Big hugs, Lori

Pam in IL said...

Sometimes, we can only take it one moment at a time. The quilt book looks great! Sending hugs and prayers for you both.

acorn hollow said...

She will appreciate the view after she settles in. It is good to be able to watch the birds and see the sun shinning
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful view for her and beautiful birds coming to visit, she will spend hours enjoying that. I love Kim's books, I still have old issues of BHG with her quilts I would like to make.

Debbie

Jacque. said...

So happy that you are able to talk quilts with your Mom. xo

Kim said...

I'm glad your mom has a nice view. Change is hard for them but she will love watching the birds

Cathy G. said...

Hi Kelley,
Those yellow finches are such beautiful birds! Your Mom will love that view and not mind a smaller room I'm sure! Oh those quilts are awesome! So great to be able to talk and share your love of fabrics and beautiful quilts! Hope you have some sun shine now and more nice days to get out side!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

annie said...

The finches are just such beauties, I love seeing them too. The view is so much better in this room! Hope she grows to enjoy it more each day. Love the quilts, they are just so pretty!
Hugs!

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love watching the birds at the feeder. That book looks amazing - beautiful quilts !
Rose

Mr Puddy said...

Love the one your mom have :)
Guys, Thank you for purring for me
Miss you lots
xoxo

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Goldfinches, chickadees, and titmice will all come to that type of feeder. Is there a way to have a hummingbird feeder? That might be too difficult to keep filled, but they are fun to watch.