Monday, January 12, 2015

First Neutral Room

 
since I can't seem to get in to the swing
of hooking or stitching
I've been scouring Pinterest
for neutral sewing room ideas

 
right now my sewing room is large
the wool room is small with small windows
I've been drawing up sketches and lists
of what needs to be done to switch the room
 
 
 
packing things for donation
to the April animal charity garage sale
is done on a weekly basis
 
it is hard to let go of so many of moms treasures
but I'll never use them
and someone will be thrilled to find them
at a bargain price
 
after the pare down
the room will require some deep cleaning
painting
new curtains and blinds
(neighbors driveway is close by)
 
hoping being able to see my wool
in better light will motivate me again
 
 
 the sewing room has two door
would love to swap them out for something like these!
 
it's fun to plan
the follow through of painting is another story...


13 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Nice room ideas and I do think, french doors would be nice to let in more light.

Debbie

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

love the photos of your inspiration Kelley! you can do it, and change is good :)
xoxox
L

marly said...

Oh I like the room in the second photo. And the little stinker drinking from the cup in the last one!

Kim said...

Such pretty rooms

Jacque. said...

Lots of work ahead, but you are definitely on the right track. Have fun with it! xo

Rugs and Pugs said...

Neutral has such a calming effect.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Cathy G. said...

I LOVE your inspiration photos Kelley! I always look at all the pics of those neutral/white rooms and want to make my whole house over!! Love the kitty and dog in the last photo...LOL! That pup is probably thinking how does he get away with that!!LOL!! Good luck with your makeovers, I know it will be wonderful when all done!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

HomeSpunPrims said...

Great picture inspiration Kelley! I love the way you are going. It's always fun to dream and plan. Big hugs, Lori

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love all of the rooms, Kelley! Good luck making that decision!! I love creamy whites....

P.J. said...

Oh I bet all those lovely wool colors would look amazing in that beautiful fresh light. Can't wait to see what you do. Have fun with the idea and planning phase.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW The rooms are beautiful--Pinterest so many ideas (and such a time suck if not properly managed)

Mr Puddy said...

Me love that color too because I'm pretty sure me look handsome in that color ... Tee ..heh

audrey said...

Love the neutral color scheme so much.:)