Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Panic Attack

 
if I hadn't been at work Sunday night
I would have just tried to sleep it off
 
 
they come out of nowhere
one minute I was performing an exam
the next
I was shaking, puking and sweating
good thing a coworker was with me to take over
 
since I was working in ER
the staff took me too an empty room
to look me over...
I was signed in as a patient and the tests began
my EKG concerns everyone
until they compare it to one from 5 years ago
 
 
I had all the symptoms
on the above list
apart from the last three
 
I also had low blood sugar
unheard of for me
must be my change in eating
I knew I should have had a doughnut
from the breakroom that night
 
so while it was
"just a panic attack"
I hope to never have one again
this is the worst I've ever had
spent half the night in the ER and glad of it
I hate being a patient
but Sunday night it was where I needed to be
 
 
yesterday I slept all day
today I'm dizzy but sitting up
working in clearing the mental fog
 
I know all the breathing tricks
to make them easier...didn't work this time
maybe because my 02 sats were
consistently under 90
now I have to go for more tests...
 
the only ones happy about this
(when I finally got home at 4 am)
are the cats
they had a whole day to sleep with me
purrs all around
 
Tomorrow will be a better day
 
 


12 comments:

Jacque. said...

oh Kelley Girl...prayers. xo

WoolenSails said...

Those are no fun, I hope you start feeling better today.

Debbie

Penny Shepherd said...

Prays for you. Panic Attacks are so scary. I pray that is your last.

Cathy G. said...

Oh my goodness Kelley! So glad you were in the ER already and got checked out! I do hope you get to feeling better soon! Sending good healing energies your way and prayers!!
Cathy G

Maria said...

Wow, Kelley reading all that is enough to frighten anyone. Happy to hear you are having further tests run. Take care, Maria

dee said...


Gosh, I am so sorry you had to go through this and with all you have on your plate, this was too much. Bless you and praying you will be up and around very quickly. Dee





Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

suffered for years through them my friend ~ helps to know you're not alone ~ please rest....
xoxoxox
L

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, please take care of yourself. Thankfully you were at work when it happened.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Sorry Kelley, they are scary. Try and rest.

marly said...

I'm glad you're getting more testing to make sure there are no underlying problems. Years ago my sister went through this and ended up in the hospital. Conventional testing was fine, but they discovered her hormones and other levels were way off. Menopause stage 157. Take care of yourself and I hope all tests come back fine.

annie said...

so sorry to see this, hope you get all the medical help you need! God bless you!

Cheryl WNC said...

So sorry to hear. I know how awful they are. Just take it easy and rest. Hope your PA can help.
Cheryl