Saturday, August 6, 2016

Thinking Cool


love the cool look of this room
definitely not the amber knotty pine I see daily
at home...

I have a few extra days off next week
stitching up some new drapes
for my living room is at the top of the list

currently they are navy with a small floral print
have I ever mentioned how much 
the color navy bothers me...
always has

three windows
none are a "normal" size...

also planning to list some items for sale
mostly my Halloween collection
we'll see if I can get some decent photos
really sweet pieces of chalkware by Ginger Schrader
just not into Halloween anymore...

hooking you ask...
more on that another day

7 comments:

Saundra said...

I'm also gathering items which I'll take to an auction house when the weather gets cooler. These are mostly children's 1950's items, doll house, and some other collectibles which no longer interest me. Oh my how much I've managed to collect in the years I've been here.

Good luck on your purging and your sewing endeavors too.

susiedele said...

You're not alone with that feeling about navy blue. I don't know why I don't like it, I just don't. I'm not a fan of any blues. I own a few pieces of blue wool but hardly ever use it when making things.
The kitty at the top of today's post looks like my Betty Boop.

marly said...

With today's primers, any room can end up looking this fresh and light. Huge difference when we covered our pine with paint.

Kim said...

I love that look, so clean and fresh. I need new curtains but can't decide. I still have the "old lady" ones that came with the house

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love the look of that room too. I've been on the lookout for just plain white cafe curtains...you know, the valance and the tiers....but I guess they must be out of style because I sure can't find any...guess I'll have to make them!

You can always paint the knotty pine....it would look very cottage-like with the vertical grooves....something to think about!!

Rosemary said...

oh looking forward to seeing the pieces by Ginger.

lynda said...

Paint the knotty pine! It would be beautiful!
Love to see your hooking and hear about your mom and her friend. You are one busy lady!