Saturday, May 27, 2017

Love These Wool Balls



after purchasing some dryer balls last month
I don't know why I ever did laundry without them!

there are tons of instructions on Pinterest
the link above looks good


I have lots of colorful wool yarn
I've been meaning to overdye for years... 
this looks like a better use
great for gifts!


my NC sister is mooning over these...


scraps of yarn...or wool worms


my favorite

*****

I found my weavers (not monks) cloth this morning
after about an hour in the wool room

I left work last night to find a very flat tire
HUGE nail in it
so glad it was in the parking lot
and not on the way home

this very klutzy person does not change tires...
or use power tools
or climb ladders
I like all my fingers and toes just the way they are

*****

Wishing you a good weekend
I'll be working

thinking of all the men and women who served
to provide us with our freedom
we are very blessed
 

5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I keep seeing the dryer balls and keep saying they can't be that hard to make.
May I will get to it this weekend.
Cathy

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I have lots of wool snippets and would love to make a jar full of balls.

WoolenSails said...

Well, I see those and think, do I want to use my roving for balls? LOL
Lots of fun ideas though and they are great gift ideas, need to read about them more.

Glad you tire got taken care of and glad it was in the parking lot, not on the road.

Debbie

marly said...

Years ago I saw instructions for them using wool yarn which I purchased in white. I tried my best, but they didn't felt. They fuzzed and unraveled every load! I don't remember all the steps, but boiling and a hot dryer were involved. I don't know what I did wrong.

Gayle said...

I recently discovered wool dryer balls too - they make a great canvas for embellishing!