Friday, March 29, 2019

Because You Asked - Keto


okay this recipe is on my list...

To answer the comments and emails I received

I skipped all around when learning about keto
here are some of my sources

Dr Jason Fung
wrote the book
The Obesity Code
I am not going to read the book
but watch him
 on YouTube
beyond amazing for diabetics
or anyone who has a hard time with
calorie restricting diets

for information and recipes

CJsKetoKitchen.com
also on YouTube

RuledMe
on YouTube

High Fat High Fun
on YouTube

Joe Duff- The Diet Chef
YouTube and Instagram

for fun and recipes
Highfalutin' Low Carb

I am sure these will help anyone interested...

I am not counting my macros
so it's called dirty keto
I have a hard time eating 70% fat
without bread to spread the butter on
but I'm getting there

I am having 2 meals a day
due to lack of hunger
fat is satiating

Brunch today:

4 strips of bacon
1 ounce of cheese
1/2 cup raspberries

I'll have dinner at work

My intermittent fasting comes from
waiting to eat until you are hungry

so I usually go 12-16 hours
from my late night snack
until brunch

Read up about Keto flu
and getting fat adapted 
if you are serious about trying this


image from Pinterest

okay, enough of the keto
I'll probably talk about it now and then
but not this much




3 comments:

Saundra said...

I love bacon and sausage but don't either either. My meat consists of chicken and fish.

Love that antique rug but have always wondered if it was a primitive lion, crazy cat or what??? What are your thoughts.

marly said...

Thanks Kelley. My doc is totally against Keto and feels the fat, dairy and meat are bad for inflammation. Others feel the opposite! It's so hard when there is too much information from too many "experts". Your brunch is less than one of my snacks! I need hypnosis!! Your links will help because without some guidance and recipes, I will never start. Thanks!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hmmm... Interesting. Like Marly, I have heard both good and bad about Keto... Guess I don’t know much about it and should probably educate myself more....but dang, anything that lets me eat bacon, fat and dairy sounds like it is right up my alley LOL.... And. That soup looks pretty dang good. I LOVE antique rug!!! EEEEEK! ~Robin~