Saturday, October 13, 2018

Recent Hooking and Swap



swap quilt from Marian Edwards
of Australia
top photo ~ 
is from a few days ago
the rug is now hooked and whipped
needs some wool strips to finish
about 24 x 46
makes me want to hook larger rugs

bottom photo ~
just finished hooking today
pattern by Red House Wool Studio
Harvest Blessings
15.5 x 19.5

so a few weeks ago my desktop crashed
have been using my phone or laptop
for most things
still getting the hang of blogging on laptop

a few more days left of my vacation
as always no painting was done
given the choice between hook/needle and brush
I am never going to get my walls repainted

at least they are clean
as are the baseboards and all the trim
so I did a little prep work
that should count for something...

wishing all my friends
sweet dreams tonight
and a joyful tomorrow

8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces and I love your new kitty piece, beautiful wool choices.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

wow I am impressed with the wonderful pieces. I have the rug hooking pattern but will not get to it this fall
Cathy

Saundra said...

It is always wonderful to have a hand crafted piece of art from another person, and lucky you to have one from Australia!

She will be equally impressed with your hooked rug. You have at least enjoyed your vacation ~ hey, isn't a vacation meant to be a time to chill vs. work at something else? Your post illustrates how relaxed you are...not in a frenzy or on edge. This was a great time for you 'me thinks'.

Unknown said...

Think we don´t do any rug hooking here in Sweden - but we are many quilters and I love your swap quilt.Thanks for showing. Louise D

Jacqueline said...

Great pieces. Sorry to hear your vacation is almost up but you do have to pay the bills somehow.

moosecraft said...

Wow! Beautiful eye candy! Love the rugs as well as your swap quilt!

Jacque. said...

So happy for you that you are hooking again. And, your work is always beautiful! xo

cocoya said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thanks!
slot online