Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wednesday


not as much hooking as I planned today
but the colors chosen are pleasing to my eye

spent most of the day with one Dr or another
endocrinologist visit was fantastic!

it was my PA's last day 
she was happier that me about my success
28 pounds since she last saw me
off insulin and one oral diabetes medicine

I'm guessing this doesn't happen often

then stopped at an urgent care for my eye
I've had a stye that will not go away
antibiotic ointment on my eyelid now
he said it only works half the time
so I got a referral to my eye Dr
will help me get in to see him sooner

Enough of that!


this image and the rest are from Pinterest
this reminds me of a Mariner's Compass quilt block



some ticking pillow cases will brighten up my house


now to pick the best color



by 
The Painted Bridge


the plan was to make Keto focaccia 
or pancakes

instead it will be these gummies
not like the flavor of a red hot

*****

I've had a couple of folks ask 
what I eat in Keto...
I'm probably not the best to ask since I hate to cook
I cook a pound of bacon in the oven
to keep on hand for breakfast/brunch
or a quick snack

things I eat:

scrambled eggs with cheese /use butter

hot dogs and sauerkraut

grilled delmonico steak with cajun butter

grilled chicken salad with cheese
I don't use dressing so salsa tops the salad
must measure the salsa to limit carbs

breaded chicken breasts
(using pork rind crumbs, parmesan and butter)

taco salad

Wendy's Jr bacon cheeseburgers
plain with no bun
(I get 2 for a meal)

1/4 cup of berries per day

the best place to do is look  for ideas is on YouTube
search for keto-what I eat in a day

More crafty and stitchy talk tomorrow...

Happy Wednesday!


8 comments:

Saundra said...

The colors on your Blue Bird are comforting and work well together. At first glance didn't think I'd seen that circle/Mariner's Compass piece but is is in my flash drive.

So very happy you've made a change to your diabetes meds; hope you get the eye situation fixed asap.

Simply Quaint said...

What a awesome rug...I love the colors........So happy for you Kelley, you’re doing awesome!
Blessings
Rhonda

The Eveningstitcher said...

I'm so happy that you are getting healthier, Kelley!! Getting off of insulin is very rare...so wonderful!!! I love the rug you are hooking...the colors are gorgeous!!!

Jacqueline said...

Great post. Informative and inspiring in many ways.

acorn hollow said...

so amazing!!! that is a lot of weight and lots of medicine goes away! Good for you.
Love your rug too. Good luck on your eye
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yay you!!! Go Girl Go! Good luck with the stye...I used to get them frequently but haven’t had a problem recently...seemed I was more prone to them the more I read or did computer work (which, for an attorney, is almost non-stop).... Love the colors of your bluebird....and it looks to be a good size mat! Lucky will be the new owner.... ~Robin~

TheCrankyCrow said...

...and I LOVE that sheep painting!!!!! GAH!

moosecraft said...

Wow! Congrats and big hugs for your success to not need the meds any more!!! Big smiles 24/7! :-)
Pork rind crumbs on chicken sounds like something I need to try...
Love the rug your hooking....and ticking is always a win!
Happy Spring!!!