Friday, May 24, 2019

Painting Break


totally the plan for me
I don't like getting my hands dirty...
but do love flowers

My sister and her husband are on their way home
they take a few days each way
enjoying the visits in small towns along the way

my family did an awesome job tackling my to-do list
still a little more for my local brother in law
after I get some painting done

local BIL became a certified 
Master Gardener after he retired
he also had a job with a landscape company
for a season learning more
he does a lot of volunteer work 
helping with beautification

my local sister is the painter
outdoors or in
but like me, never on a ladder

my NC BIL is the master of most everything
he is a retired Marine, has doctorate in something or other
taught GED classes and so on
he's the big brother I never had

he and my sister remodeled their 1920s bungalow
over the course of 20 years
wish I could turn them loose on this house!

my NC sister is the eternal hippie
an engineer who never used her degree
due to military travel with her husband
she is the boss of all of us
she organizes and keeps watch 
as well as doing all the pruning, weeding and planting
she RARELY stops talking

How lucky am I to have them?
as for me
I weeded and pruned for a while
them came back in the house to work on walls
lots of spackle after removing so much from the walls
the weirdest thing is no bathroom mirror
 they took it down so I can paint

am transitioning out of keto to low carb
I really cannot stand all the fat I've been consuming
who knew you could get sick of bacon?

I'll still be no bread, grains, potatoes, pasta
no high carb fruits or veggies
this will be much more sustainable for me

Wishing everyone a nice Memorial Day weekend
I remember my Dad and uncles, friends of the family
thankful for the sacrifice our soldiers made
so we could live our lives free

7 comments:

marly said...

How lucky you are to have family with those talents, but more so to have them love you enough to offer their help.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Kelley,
I'm sure it was a WIN/WIN for all of you!!!!
So happy you had such a great visit!!!
I would have a really hard time eating all that fat, too!! Your new plan sounds much better and I think you will enjoy it more!!!
Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!!
Yes, we all have MUCH to be thankful for!!!!
Heart Hugs to you, my friend~
Julie xo

acorn hollow said...

you are very lucky! sounds like a lot was accomplished.
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

I am glad their visit went well and you got to enjoy some help and time with them.
I could use a gardener, I just stick things in the ground and hope they don't die.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit....both productive AND enjoyable! :-)

HomeSpunPrims said...

Glad you had a good visit and got some help! It can be overwhelming to keep everything up by yourself. I eat a lot of good fats like organic coconut oil. I actually eat spoonfuls of it every day to make sure I get enough in! Sounds icky but I’m used to it! Adjusting your diet to what feels right for you is a good plan. Take care my friend. Have a great weekend! Lori

TheCrankyCrow said...

I wish I might have siblings and siblings-in-laws like yours..... Glad you got some projects x’d off ad enjoyed some familiar company as well. ~Robin~