Saturday, May 28, 2022

Inspiration and Hooking


I haven't cross stitched in years
too many to count
I've tried but my eyes aren't up to it
then came floss tube on YouTube
because I've seen all crime and murder shows
twice

once I found Brenda and the Serial Starter
I knew I was in trouble
the stash above is 2 of my 4 orders
so...
my plan is to try stitching some smalls
and adapting some patterns to hooking
let me know if you have a favorite 
floss tube channel



 Started this one the other day
I'd drawn at least 4 other designs on this linen
the border was already hooked...

my family is visiting for a week 
 I needed to some hooking to keep me calm
I'm the youngest sister 
62 to their 70 and 73

they still sort of boss me around
and question all my decisions...

This is the first log cabin I've hooked
if I remember correctly
19 x 12.5
pattern available on linen

The world has become such a heartbreaking place
I look for the little joys each day.
I count my friends first

2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oi...you're wading in deep waters GF.... I truly. really, try to stay away from flosstubes because I have enough problems as it is... And while I do know that Brenda & the Serial Starter is a favorite among many I know, IF I were to be tempted, it would be with Carol's, "The Saltbox Stitcher." Just saying.... 😉 ~Robin~

NMK said...

Since my old eyes can't do cross stitch , I Love the idea of hooking those beautiful designs !!!
My heart aches for all those poor familes ....
Hope you have a nice visit with your family & it goes well.