Sunday, July 31, 2022

Walk the Old Path


 another sampler by 
The Pinkeep

am doing this one with called for threads
on Old New England 35 count from The Primitive Hare


I am rebuilding my floss stash a little at a time
stopped in Joanne's today and forgot one
it's in the roof
so will pick it up tomorrow
when I mail some packages

Have I ever told you how many places there are to buy DMC
near me?

2 Michaels 
Joannes
Hobby Lobby (I will NEVER shop there)
and
Walmart (haven't been there in years)
within 3 miles

it seems excessive to me

*****

finished my summer X Files marathon tonight
11 seasons
probably saw only the first two when they came out
not as fun as Dexter, but that's me

Now 
YouTube is my companion when stitching
FlossTube for the most part
lately it's been 
The Kitten Stitcher
I like having lots of episodes to catch up on
totally in love with her rescue cat Zero


 as for Melrose getting chicken
of course, I cook it mostly for them
which is why I get the expensive Bell & Evans breast
and cook without my favorite Cajun seasoning

he even ate his first dish warm which he never does
he prefers room temp or cold
Olivia has no preference, just hand it over thank you


I really need to hook
there is so much wool in this house
or I could hire someone to sell it for me (best option)





5 comments:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Stitching in the hot months, hooking in the cold. The Primitive Hare has great patterns. That’s what I gravitate towards. We avoid big box stores for supplies too. ♥️

NMK said...

I don't like Hobby Lobby , but they have the best selection ....my Michael's & Joanne's have lots imports & not enough nice craft things ....

JustGail said...

The closest I can buy DMC in person is 1 quilt shop 12 miles away. Yes, it costs twice as much as big box stores, but it still cheaper than driving or shipping fees for a few skeins. If I want "fancy" threads, there's 2 quilt/needlework shops at 30 & 50 miles away.
Otherwise to get DMC, it's Joann, Michaels, or evil HL (don't go there unless absolute last resort) 40 miles away in either direction. I don't *think* any of the WMs in my area carry floss other than packages of kids craft floss.
You are fortunate to have so many options, even if they are duplicates.

I've never gotten in the habit of watching much Flosstube. I don't need the temptation to buy more charts (and the needed supplies) I'll probably never get around to stitching. And if I were to try watching while stitching, either not much stitching would happen, or I'd be making far too many mistakes.

Saundra said...

Good grief Kelley, I cannot imagine you selling off your wool and/or quit hooking.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Stop the madness LOL....I love this pattern to pieces and I need another like I need another hole in my head. The only thing I can buy within 3 miles of me is eggs...if I'm lucky. ~Robin~