Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mom

 
yesterday Mom and Anne
were busy checking out my patches
deciding how to stitch them together
 
they are both master quilt makers
done with their stitching
but still find what I share irresistible!
 
every day I bring something...
a magazine or two
patches, quilting or weaving
 
some new or colorful piece
to spark interest
 
 
Mom has been having a lot of down times recently
worried about going home
(trying to leave the building to go herself)
seeing her mother
where is her husband
why do her daughters treat her like this...
threatening to scream if they take her to therapy
so many increased issues
 
she is often very sad
tells us not to feel sorry for her
 
 
 


10 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Hugs to you Kelley. A mom suffering from dementia is so sad. How wonderful you take things daily to share with her.
I do love your little quilt blocks.
Lauren

Angela Tucker said...

I am so sorry. My father has dementia and being his caretaker is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. You have given your mother the two greatest gifts, your love and time. I hope that things are better today.

Kim said...

I agree with Angela. Giving her love and time is your best gift to her. All I can say is this phase will eventually pass.

marly said...

Nice to see a photo of your mom and friend. So sorry she has some upsetting times. Hope her focus changes. I just went back to read other posts. Why did I not get any of them? Damn blogger. I thought everyone quit posting!!

marly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marly said...

See? One click and it posted 4 times!!

moosecraft said...

Your Mom looks very content with fabric in hand! Hugs to you and your Mom. I completely agree with the quote in your blog header...

WoolenSails said...

I am so sorry that your mom is not doing as well lately, I know how hard it is on you too. It is wonderful that she still finds joy in quilting and can share that with others at the home.

Debbie