Saturday, April 6, 2019

Cats and Creating


stitching has resumed on the two color quilt
not that many blocks left to stitch


with Olivia's help
it only takes twice as long to get things done

a few blocks sewn together
most just pinned up
still not sure of the size
for now I'll be packing it up
when all the blocks are stitched
I need some more color


showing off her claws
I've never been able to trim even one


ears of annoyance
after being shooed to her chair


started a beachy rug for Debbie St Germain
this wasn't working


 this is more like it


turning on the charm and purring up a storm


am going to try this recipe tonight

the buffalo chicken dip was so-so
had it for dinner and pitched the rest
nothing wrong with it
just not for me

celery is great dipped in salsa
but I do have to measure out the salsa
or the carbs will add up

I hope you're having a great weekend!



7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I just requested a book on Keto and a cook book on Keto recipes from my library system. You have me interested. Pls keep critiquing recipes and talking about your progress and journey.

Simply Quaint said...

Love the quilt colors....adorable little helper there.....so so happy to hear your creating again, the rug looks awesome! And kudos on Keto you go girl......
Blessings
Rhonda

WoolenSails said...

Your quilt is coming along beautifully and I love the design change, wavy is perfect for the room.
Mine hate cutting too, never get izzy and sometimes i can clip a few at a time on Moki, but at the vet, he sits still, so since he has been going every month, I let them do it.

Debbie

Saundra said...

I can see you doing the piece (peace) work as a calming project. Me, not so much. To me it would be tedious but you have a fond history of quilting so that is your safe place.

Just do what fills your need for comfort and enjoy the process. If Debbie's rug isn't working then put it aside and do what is fulfilling. Have a great weekend.

Doreen Frost said...

I have a pup and cat that do these very things :).

Love the rug you are working on, the colors are lovely.

Wishing you a great day, doreen

acorn hollow said...

You stay busy that is for sure. I love the red and white. I have never made a quilt it always looks so complicated to me.
cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

I’m still loving the red/white quilt....then again I have a fondness for red. Looks like you’re getting your mojo back....I’m still looking for mine LOL. I know those many kitty quirks... I’m still trying to work up the courage to attempt clipping Rajah’s claws... I’ve never done it before. EEEK. Those cookies look amazing....looking forward to your report on them. Happy Monday! ~Robin~